Please read the rules and regulations closely, and then complete the subsequent acknowledgements.
The following is the Lancaster PA Pride Pageant Rules & Regulations, which outline the specific rules, regulations, eligibility and other criteria governing the Lancaster PA Pride Pageant, its contestants and other participants, and the Lancaster PA Pride Titleholders. The following sections of this document may be amended at any time for any reason by Lancaster Pride.
A. CONTESTANT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Contestants must meet the following criteria in order to participate in the 2020 Lancaster PA Pride pageant:
- Contestant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Contestant must reside within a 100-mile radius of the Lancaster, PA.
- Contestant must pay a registration fee of $25.00 in order to compete in the pageant. The fee may be submitted on line via the link provided or may be submitted the night of the pageant. This fee is nonrefundable.
- Contestant must not be a current or former Lancaster PA Pride titleholder.
B. PAGEANT RULES & REGULATIONS
The following rules and regulations will apply for the 2020 Lancaster Pride pageant:
- The Lancaster PA Pride Pageant will have up to three winners, who will equally reign as the Lancaster PA Pride Court. These titleholders will hold the titles of Mr., Miss, or Mx. and will select their preferred title via their application. In the event that no contestants submit an application for a given title, that title will not be given out. Only one winner per title will be selected.
- Lancaster Pride has final approval in selecting judges.
- Winners will be selected based on a cumulative scoring system. In the event of a tie, the winner will be selected by an on-stage question to be selected by the panel.
All contestants will be judged in the following categories:
- Solid Gold Presentation & On-Stage Question (400 points total)
- This category is intended to allow participants to showcase their creative interpretation of what a “Soild Gold” look means to them. (200 Points)
- Contestants will introduce themselves and will then draw a question from the MC. The MC will read the question to you twice. No length of answer is required but the judges are looking at how well you can communicate and how well you answered the question. (200 Points)
- On-stage questions will function as a quasi-interview with hosts, who will ask questions that pageant winners will likely answer during their reign as a titleholder.
- Evening Wear (400 Points)
Any type of suit or dress that represents your elegant side. We wanna see what you look like all dolled up. Wow us and show up what glam means to you.
- Talent (600 points)
- Any type of talent is acceptable, except those that are illegal or which may cause personal injury to the audience or any other person.
- Talent will be limited to seven (7) minutes.
- All music for the talent category must be submitted via single CD the night of the pageant.
- All participants must also bring a second hard copy of their music on a flash drive to the performance itself.
- Each contestant will be allowed only four (4) dancers due to staging restrictions.
Additional Rules & Regulations
- The Lancaster PA Pride Pageant is gender inclusive and is open to anyone who wishes to compete under their definition of the art of drag.
- Each contestant will be allowed one (1) dresser. The contestant’s dresser will be allowed to enter the hosting establishment free of charge.
- Contestants are required to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times. Prohibited behavior is grounds for immediate disqualification and expulsion from the hosting establishment. Prohibited behavior includes but is not limited to:
- The use of any illegal substances
- Overconsumption of alcoholic beverages
- Underage consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Violent or threatening language or behavior
- Discriminatory words, statements, actions or other behavior which violate the mission, vision and values of Lancaster PA Pride (see appendix).
- Theft of, or intentional damage or destruction to real and personal property
- Lancaster PA Pride reserves the right to make a decision concerning any matters not covered in these rules and regulations and/or the contestant agreement.
C. TITLEHOLDER OBLIGATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The winners (hereafter, “Titleholder”) of the pageant will assume the title of Mr., Miss, or Mx. Lancaster PA Pride for the 2020-2021 season. Titleholder is obligated to and agrees to the following:
- Appear at up to three (3) events chosen by Lancaster Pride.
- Serve as Sub Committee Coordinator for the 2020-2021 Lancaster Pride Festival & The Lancaster PA Pride Pageant.
- Perform on the Lancaster Pride Festival Main Stage as a reigning titleholder. Performance time to be determined.
- Attend a Meet & Greet in the Lancaster Pride Festival VIP Lounge.(If the festival has a VIP Lounge)
- Titleholder also understands that their title is purely honorary and carries with it no inherent rights, privileges, or responsibilities beyond the specific responsibilities outlined in Section D of this document and that Titleholder cannot independently act on behalf of or make official representations for Lancaster Pride.
D. LANCASTER PRIDE REMEDIES
In the event Titleholder is unwilling or unable to fulfill their obligations and responsibilities outlined above, or if the Titleholder defaults on any of the provisions included in this contestant agreement, Lancaster Pride retains the right at its absolute and sole discretion to any or more of the following:
- Revoke or rescind the title from the Titleholder.
- Refuse bookings and appearances of any official nature to the Titleholder.
- Refuse entry into any future pageants or Lancaster Pride events.
- Other remedies not listed above.
E. HOLD HARMLESS
Contestant/Titleholder agrees to indemnify Lancaster Pride Association., its officers, directors and employees, volunteers or other agents, and hold them harmless with respect to any defense that they shall be required to make in connection with any claim or action arising out of Contestant’s/Titleholder’s involvement/participation with the pageant, parade or festival, including the payment of reasonable attorney’s fees.